Toby is now 17 months old! It’s amazing to think that I gave birth to him when Jude was 17 months old. Time has flown by.
Toby had a great month.
He made a lot of animal friends this month. He still goes crazy for any dog we ever see.
And a big treat was getting to hang out with this bunny, ‘Moon’, below. The boys got to pet, walk him and feed him their ice creams.
Toby is obsessed with Dad these days. He is always asking where Dad is when he’s at work and whenever Luke is around Toby clings to him and wants Dad to do everything with him. He cries if I try to put him down for a nap and if he gets a ‘boo-boo’ he runs right to Luke for a kiss. It’s very sweet.
Toby is super good at following instructions. I would say 90% of the time he complies with us and the other 10% of the time gives a firm, ‘No’ or throws a tantrum. But he really loves being helpful and receiving the positive praise that follows.
Toby enjoyed our playtime this month. He is getting right into role play and hanging out with older kids has meant that he picks up on the games pretty quickly.
Legos are still #1 fav toy.
They will tinker for hours together. We decided it was time to expand our set so bought an extra 160 some more Duplos.
Toby’s very close second fav would still be balls. Here he is with the newest addition to our ball collection.
Toby has gotten much better at dealing with Jude. He has calmed down a lot and isn’t so jumpy around Jude, when Jude roars at him. Toby now will say ‘dinosaur’ and let out a big roar right back at Jude.
The fighting over toys and other petty squabbles happen many time throughout the day. And somedays it snowballs and it can feel impossible to mend their relationship and get them back to playing together.
But when they finally get over their grievances and play together its great.
We got the boys balance bikes this month. They both went loopy when they saw them.
The weather has been pretty much non-stop rain with a few sunny days here and there. So on those sunny days I always get out with the boys for a ride.
It’s nice to have a new sport they can do together.
Another big thing this month was Toby moving out of his highchair and into Jude’s booster seat. We got Jude a new booster without a buckle so they were both pretty excited to have new big boy seats. And I am happy that we are starting to retire the baby stuff!
Toby is still the best eater ever and has even been getting much better about eating his veggies.
And no issues in the sleep department. He is a champ.
It’s been a fabulous month for our always chatting or singing or humming little guy. He gives the best and biggest hugs and kisses and we can’t get enough.