It’s always nice to have a sweet treat on a special holiday. On Mother’s Day, for our Mommas, I made Almond Biscotti dipped in chocolate. Sadly our Mommas are many many miles away from us and so aren’t able to taste these delicious morsels. So I thought the next best thing would be to post the recipe and hopefully someone living closer (hint, hint Natalie and Faith) will make these for them.
– 2 C flour
– 1 C sugar
– 1/2 C slivered almonds, toasted
– 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
– 2 eggs
– 1 egg white
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Combine dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
2. In another bowl, combine wet ingredients (i.e. everything except egg wash) and mix well.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. On a floured surface, turn out the dough. Knead lightly 7 or 8 times.
5. Divide dough in half and shape each into long round logs.
6. Place logs onto a baking sheet covered with baking paper and then flat logs out so they are about 1 inch thick. Brush with egg wash (egg white beaten a few times with fork).
7. Back for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and cool.
9. Turn oven down to 325 degrees F
10. Cut the cooled logs into biscotti slices and place on baking sheet with one side of the biscotti up.
11. Bake for 10 mins and then flip each biscotti onto its other side and bake for another 10 mins.
12. Remove from oven and cool.
Dip in melted chocolate if desired!